Jonathan & Jessie Ritchey
1) We have set an official reopening date of May 31, 2020. We plan to continue streaming services indefinitely, so those of you who are not yet comfortable getting out into the public, please feel free to stay home. Those who attend services are welcome to continue the measures that have been in place for the past months: face coverings, distancing, hand sanitizing, etc. And those who are susceptible (elderly, having an illness or weakness) we encourage to stay home a bit longer.
2) At the service, be aware that there will be some who do not wear masks, as masks are optional. We do encourage no handshaking, hugging, “holy kissing”, even “shoulder bumping”. We ask that you bring your own hand sanitizers, as you know what you like and what works for you. Clean hands seems to be the #1 measure for wellness!
3) The offering will be a drop in the plate as you enter or exit. You can still mail in your offerings. Offerings have been excellent during these last two months! Praise the Lord! and “thank you” to the faithful ones.
4) And there will be no children’s services for the present time.
We certainly should not exceed the 50 limit; so, if you so desire, please feel free to “rejoin” the church family in worshiping in His sanctuary on May 31 at 10:20 a.m.
Great Commission Day: We are planning to take a special offering on June 28 for our C&MA international ministry (GCF). We are planning a very special day to make giving a celebration.
Kitchen Remodel: Some individuals in the church family have taken it upon themselves (with permission) to remodel the kitchen in Freeman Hall. It looks great! Thank you, faithful ones!
The Kropps: Dick and Janice experienced a lightning strike on their home and many of their electrical appliances were destroyed, including their well pump. The HVAC survived, thankfully! and so did their home; it did not burn to the ground! Pray for the restoration of their home.
Operation Christmas Child: In May we will be collecting (30) crayons, (30) toy cars, (30) sunglasses and $100 postage.
New Members’ Class: This class will be rescheduled when this virus emergency is over.
Prayer Time at Home: As your pastor, I would like to strongly encourage all of you to make time on Thursday evenings at 7 p.m. to take time by yourself or with your family to pray for the needs that are before us right now:
- The virus that is affecting people around the world
- Ongoing online ministry of our church in this time
- Spiritual renewing and passion for the Lord
- Physical and emotional needs of our church and community
- God to honored and praised in this time.